More news from the fantastic team behind Sir Bobby’s Online Auction, which begins on 14 November.
Sir Alex leads stellar list of more than 120 auction items
A limited edition signed sketchbook showcasing Sir Alex Ferguson’s greatest achievement as Manchester United manager has been personally donated to the Sir Bobby’s Online Auction.
Sir Alex has given his support to the fundraising auction with an incredible prize in memory of his good friend Sir Bobby Robson who he once described as his managerial inspiration.
The book, drawn by Harold Riley and chronicling Manchester United’s remarkable Champions League final victory in 1999, is one of only 1,999 copies in circulation and is signed by Sir Alex.
The incredible auction item is one of more than 130 money-can’t-buy sporting and lifestyle prizes offered by Sir Bobby’s Online Auction which runs between Saturday 14 November and Sunday 29 November.
The footballing world has been incredibly generous with amazing prizes including a chance to play at St George’s Park, the home of English football, watch Tottenham train and then enjoy lunch with legendary former skipper Ledley King and two tickets for next summer’s European Championships which includes staying overnight in Paris.
Football-based prizes have been donated by FIFA and UEFA and a host of Premier League giants while Manchester United and England skipper Wayne Rooney has personally donated a limited edition Three Lions shirt commemorating his achievement as the country’s greatest ever goalscorer.
Other auction items include a very special Red Arrows experience, a chance to be on the sidelines during a NFL International Series game next year, a tour of Bentley Motors, enjoying the magnificent ‘Akasha’ catamaran with nine guests and a number of exclusive hotel and restaurant items.
This year’s auction supports the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation, League Manager’s Association Charity, West Suffolk Hospital Charity and the GeeWizz charitable foundation launched by Gina Long, the Suffolk-based founder of the Sir Bobby’s Online Auction, which has been embraced globally and has raised £706,000 to date.
Gina said: “We have again been blown away by the generosity of people who have donated such amazing money-can’t-buy experiences.
“It is not too late to donate items while we urge everyone to register to bid this week ahead of next Saturday’s big kick-off.
“Please also help us raise awareness of this incredible auction which supports some wonderful causes and is completely transparent for all to see from the moment it goes live on November 14th, to the moment it closes on November 29th, everyone watching, bidding or supporting will see the minute I see how much has been raised.”
If you would like to donate an item, please email @firstname.lastname@example.org or to find out more about the online auction, please visit www.sirbobbysauction.com
Auction prizes include:
• Play at St George’s Park as guests of The League Managers Association
• Bentley Factory VIP Tour
• Sail the British Virgin Islands in magnificent Akasha
• A VIP day with the Red Arrows
• The ‘Haka’ an Original Paining by Ben Moseley
• Go behind the scenes at Sky Soccer Saturday
• The Goring Hotel, London ‘Fit for a Queen’
• VIP NFL Game day and a sideline experience
• BT Tower, exclusive Dining Club experience
• UEFA Champions League Final tickets
• Guests of FC Barcelona, watching training and tickets to match
• Maison Bleue, Bury St Edmunds, a Champagne gastronomic dinner
• Ipswich Town press experience
• Business profile in the Suffolk Magazine
• The Great House, Lavenham, a wonderful overnight stay with a magnificent dinner
• Luxurious day and night experience in the Angel Hotel, courtesy of Suffolk Chamber of Commerce
• Overnight stay at The Salthouse Harbour Hotel, Ipswich
• Perfect retreat in utter luxury at Maison Talbooth for two days and nights
• A great day with the Suffolk police dog section
• A glorious two two-night stay at beautiful Ravenwood Hall
• Norman Foster building tour with a bespoke lunch for six
• Limited edition Beatles photos from Tom Murray
• Behind the scenes at Radio Suffolk with Etholle George, Mark Murphy and Stephen Foster
• Benson Blakes gin experience
• Double page advertising spread in the East Anglian Daily Times
• Guests of Adnams at The Brewer’s House in Southwold