Almost £50,000 has already been bid in The EACH and Sir Bobby’s Online Auction, which closes on Sunday (19 October) at 8pm.
Every penny raised will help the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation and East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices and lots include a wide range of events and activities – many of which are not usually available to the general public.
More than 100 lots have been donated and this is the third online charity auction that veteran voluntary fundraiser Gina Long has organised along with her Special Events Committees.
Four new lots were added today – including donations from Jamie Oliver and Ant and Dec:
• A Jamie Oliver Masterclass, as one of a small group, the winner will have the chance to learn how to cook a Jamie chosen dish from start to finish tutored by the man himself at one of his London locations in the last quarter of 2015. Kindly donated by Jamie Oliver www.jamieoliver.com.
• Two tickets to a Britain’s Got Talent live show in 2015 kindly donated by Ant and Dec.
• A London Eye Experience enjoying breathtaking views from the luxury of your own private capsule on with up to 20 guests. Enjoy priority boarding as you are escorted to your exclusive private capsule for an amazing 30 minute experience high above London, complete with complimentary champagne.
• BT Tower Diners Club experience for 20 to enjoy a three course meal on the 34th floor’s revolving restaurant whilst enjoying the amazing panoramic views of London in May 2015.
Gina, from Suffolk, says: “’ Gina said: “We have been overwhelmed by the fabulous generosity of everyone who has donated a prize to the auction.
“It really is a wonderful tribute to how deeply so many people loved and respected the late Sir Bobby Robson and who are also willing to help East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices, a cause that Sir Bobby would be have been so thrilled to be involved with.
“There is a great blend of exciting prizes to suit all tastes and budgets and I would encourage everyone check out our auction page and get registered to bid.”
In addition to the huge range of sporting, and especially football lots, lifestyle auction lots include:
• A private tour of Althorp House in Northamptonshire for up to 20 people hosted by Earl Spencer with private lunch (or tea) in one of the dining rooms.
• A VIP visit to the CLAAS Combine Harvester factory in Harsewinkel, Germany with the opportunity to drive machines at the CLAAS demonstration farm and including flights and transfers costs and meals.
• The chance four people to watch Alan Brazil and Ray Parlour present their award winning talkSPORT breakfast show then join them for a champagne lunch.
• Four VIP camping tickets to either the Leeds or Reading Festival 2015 and the Latitude (Suffolk) Festival 2015.
• A HERO3 White Edition GoPro camera and a Samsung H5500 48” SmartTV with a ‘football mode.’
• A box for 10 to see at Nottingham Arena on 21st January 2015 to see the Strictly Come Dancing tour.
• A driving challenge with Tiff Needell behind the wheel of a BMW M3 at Thruxton Racing circuit, Andover, Hampshire.
• A private tour for six of King`s College Chapel, Cambridge, including a visit to the roof and the opportunity to see the organ loft, reserved seats at Evensong rehearsal and Evensong.
• An exclusive visit Wattisham Station in Suffolk, including a tour of an Apache helicopter and a visit to the simulator and training facilities.
• ‘Queue jumping’ tickets to the Rubens exhibition opening at the Royal Academy of Arts, London, in January 2015.
• Punting on the Cam with an all day Scudamore`s Punt hire for six, with cream teas at the famous Orchard Tea Garden, Grantchester in scenic Cambridgeshire.
Other lots include luxury hotel stays, spa breaks and farmhouse breaks, holiday cottages, ‘glamping’ and a Go Ape Corporate Day ‘in the trees’ for 10 at any one of its 28 locations across the country.
Also available is a range of fine dining options, paintings, fudge making, beauty treatments, garden furniture, a studio photography session, jewellery, furniture, garden visits, a double page spread of advertising and editorial in the East Anglian Daily Times and a signed Ed Sheeran hoodie.
Bidders are also competing for the chance to design their own beer label for 200 bottles of Greene King beer and join broadcasters at BBC Radio Suffolk on the Drivetime, Breakfast or Life’s a Pitch shows.
For children, lots include a trip to Colchester Zoo, a hand-crafted Victorian style wooden rocking horse, a signed box set of David Walliams’ children’s books and a Snuggle Sac Harry Potter film prop from The Prisoner of Azkaban.
And there are tours available to the Houses of Parliament, Port of Felixstowe and Adnams’ Brewery tour or Adnam’s Distillery.
The football community has once again shown tremendous support for the cancer charity Sir Bobby launched in 2008 with lots including a trip to St Petersburg as personal guests of Andre Villas-Boas, VIP tickets to the FIFA Ballon d’Or Awards in Zurich, the chance to play at England’s St George’s Park training base, a Messi and Xavi signed football, VIP tickets to the PFA Awards, boots signed by Philipp Lahm and UEFA Champion’s League Final tickets.
A host of football clubs have contributed fantastic prizes including Newcastle United, Barcelona, Liverpool, Arsenal, Norwich, Yeovil, Fulham, Manchester United, Manchester City, PSV Eindhoven, Tottenham Hotspur, QPR, Chelsea, West Ham, Charlton and Ipswich Town, and the match-worn Gary Speed Sheffield United shirt has already generated bids in excess of £700.
There are also lots available for fans of other sports including a tour of the McLaren Technology Centre & McLaren Production Centre, VIP tickets to the World Snooker Final, VIP tickets with full hospitality to the Badminton Horse Trials, a signed England rugby shirt, a Premier Experience at Newmarket Racecourse, Essex Cricket Club signed items, a corporate box at Brands Hatch and a Ryder Cup 2014 pin flag signed by the Team Captains.
And there is a huge range of non sporting items and experiences available from art, jewellery, furniture, food, hotel stays and whisky, to punting on the Cam, a visit to Colchester Zoo or a trip to Germany and a tour of the CLAAS Combine Harvester factory.
The EACH and Sir Bobby’s Online Auction is live now with bidding closing at 8pm on Sunday 19th October. To keep up to date with all the auction news on Twitter follow: #EACHSIRBOBBYAuction
For more information or to register to bid, please visit www.sirbobbyrobsonfoundation.org.uk.